Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 
HN, a true Gandhian

The death of HN takes a true Gandhian away from our midst. H Narasimhaiah was a true Gandhian, not just in teachings but also in thoughts and action. I remember one incident about 10 years back when HN was appointed for some Govt post and it involved all the regular emoluments like rent, telephone charges, etc. HN refused all this since he continued staying in the National College hostel. Then a person wrote a letter to editor of PrajaVani suggesting that instead of refusing these, HN should have taken these from the Govt and used the money for charitable purposes. HN wrote back in another letter to editor that he will not be able to do so since he staunchly believes that means are as important as the ends. I have never forgotten those words.

The weak have no place here, in this life or in any other life. Weakness leads to slavery. Weakness leads to all kinds of misery physical and mental. Weakness is death.
-Swami Vivekananda

Comments:
I found your site from the Indian Bloggers list that Anita Bora has compiled. I was actually trying to find out if there were Bloggers in and around Chicago and found out about your site. Do you know of anybody else?

I like the style of your posts. Good content followed by an excellent quote. Keep it up.
 
Me no longer in Chicago. I'm now back in India....time for me to write to Anita, I guess! Sorry dude.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

You are visitor number since May 1, 2005