Sunday, May 02, 2004

 
Time to Pay it forward!!!

A couple of weeks back, I had a very heartening, satisfying, grateful, experience. On my b'day we had a party at an Italian restaurant in Naperville called Giordano's. One of my friend's - Channa - had been to a Circuit City in Chicago downtown and had purchased a camcorder and other electronic items. He came with these and was transfering these items from one car to another in the parking lot of Giordano's. Apparently the bag that contained a camcorder and some expensive watches somehow got leftout at the parking lot. Channa became aware of this only after he reached Milwaukee the next day. He called me to check if he the bag was lost somewhere in my car or at my house. He later also called Giordano's to check if the bag was found somewhere in the restaurant.

Apparently the bag was found by a person - his first name was Tim, I unfortunately do not remember his last name - in the parking lot who picked it up. He called Giordano's and enquired about any lost items. The idiot Channa had forgot to leave a contact number when he had called them before. Now, Giordano's had no number to contact about Tim's find! They took the pains to call my credit card co and get my fone no. (I wonder how long they were put on hold by the visa guyz!) They later called me and gave me Tim's no.

I met Tim a couple of dayz later to get the items. He was a devout Catholic, and was trying to convince me that our meeting was "no coincidence" but "a will of God"! Along with the items, he also handed me a copy of New Testament (which I promptly passed over to Channa!).

In the Hindi movie Yes Boss there is a dialog that alwayz good thingz happen to good ppl. Channa is a nice person, and itz nice to see that thingz went right for him. Here'z also wishing Tim the best luck for whatever he'z doing in future....it was really refreshing to meet a person like him. And for me and Channa, itz now time to pay it forward!.

Look at the sun, and you will not see the shadows.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

You are visitor number since May 1, 2005