Wednesday, January 07, 2004

 
First "winter" day of the season

Well, winter is here....for good, or for bad! Today was the first day in this yr I felt like winter has arrived...when I went outside today morning, it was -31c with the wind chill!!!! Although it snowed abt 9 inches over the weekend, it was not this cold then. In fact on the new yr nite it was a very warm 10c. Suddenly, a cold wave has engulfed the mid-west area :-(
In the Ohio state, it rained over the weekend, and flooded the streets at a lot of places. And now ppl fear that the flood water may freeze because of the sharp temperature drop!

And now, I have started getting the thots again that I used to get when I got dropped from the cozy weather of B'lore into Chocago last yr in the peak of winter - why do ppl want to stay here???!!! Why dont ppl just migrate to the west, or down south, and leave more comfortably thru'out the yr???!!! I know the thots r more a reaction to the cold wave here, but still I've not got a convincng answer for these ;-)

For the current weather at Naperville, checkout here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

You are visitor number since May 1, 2005