Wednesday, January 28, 2004

 
Dravid uvaacha

An interesting interview with Dravid, courtesy cricinfo. A must read for all lovers of the game, and all those who appreciate the intensity of Dravid's batting. This man is a real gem, some one who you can associate with.....hard-working and successful not just by sheer natural talent, but by tireless effort.

Although I'm a big fan of Tendulkar, I was alwayz a big admirer of Dravid too for the sheer intensity he puts into his efforts. He was somebody I cud associate myself and my own principle towards life too. However, at one point I too argued that he did not deserve a place in the one-day team (and I'm sure Dravid himself wud have agreed to this objectively!). Itz sheer joy to see him overcome his mental blocks and asses his game in such a mature way that he could overcome the weaknesses. The innings he played in the tri-series last yr against NZ (50 off 22) was a pleasure to watch......for me it epitomised all the progress that Dravid has made as a cricketer. It was an almost perfect innings, witt very few freaky shots, and still a real quick-fire half-century at slog.

I take great pleasure in his success and hope he continues the same way for a long long time. Amen!

Seven Deadly Sins:
Politics without Principle.
Wealth without work.
Commerce without morality.
Pleasure without Conscience.
Education without Character.
Science without Humanity.
Worship without Sacrifice.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

You are visitor number since May 1, 2005