Tuesday, November 11, 2003

 
Road-widening!

If you think acquiring lands to widen roads is a probem only in India (I know the Golden Qudrilateral project also has got delayed because of this), think twice! In US also, this is a quite debated issue. I find this surprising because this country has seen the rewards of having a fantastic road system, and I would have expected people to realise the benefits of it. I dont know how big an issue this was when the existing freeways were built and the existing beautiful road system was painfully developed, but I have seen ppl cribbing now when some 2-lane roads are planned to be converted to 4-lane roads. Hope better sense prevails among ppl - east or west!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

You are visitor number since May 1, 2005